About the Job
We are looking for someone to join OKW as a full-time Project Manager, with at least 10 years of experience (more experienced applicants should also apply). No two days will be the same for a Project Manager as they will be working on a slate of exciting projects and be responsible for coordinating all project efforts – administrative and technical – to bring them to life.
PMs should have the ability to communicate to colleagues, clients, and industry partners successfully. After all, they serve as the primary client and partner liaison and have to coordinate design efforts among their team, which can range in size from 2 to 8 people.
A strong candidate for this role should also have a reliable system for the fundamentals of project management, as the role manages budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; and project team assignments.
So do you check all of the boxes for the PM role. Why work at OKW?
- Thanks to our hybrid work environment, our staff can work remotely depending on their schedule and needs;
- We foster a culture of mentorship and collaboration where everyone’s voice counts;
- Our location in the West Loop means it is easy to get to our office no matter preferred means of transportation (highway, CTA, Union Station, Ogilvie, bike etc.);
- Our robust Wellness program means a year-round calendar of fun events envisioned to get people together for fun, engaging activities;
- Our office is sustainability – minded and is an active participant in AIA’s 2030 Commitment;
- ….and we offer a competitive benefits package that includes 401(k) match, medical/dental, education reimbursement, among other benefits.
- Hold an accredited degree in architecture with at least 10 years of experience
- Must be a licensed architect or on the path to obtaining a license
- Proficient in REVIT & other Autodesk programs
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills needed for role and responsibilities and to mentor and train junior staff
- Strong candidates will have experience in multiple building typologies
About the Company
If you are looking for growth and leadership opportunities, OKW is the place to do it. In business since 1959, we have done almost everything there is, from large scale master planning to strategic renovations for small businesses. We specialize in solving complex problems for our clients in hospitality, retail, housing, workplace, and private clubs. Sometimes, the solution can involve changing a cold-storage facility into a food hall or an underused warehouse into a branded HQ.
Our clients range from large commercial real estate firms to local non-profits and everything in between. OKW is a combination of architects, planners, interior designers, artists, musicians, athletes, chefs and gardeners! As we begin another great year we are looking for more talented folks to join our dynamic office. Check out our website for more information.