About the Job
You: one to four years professional experience, interested in all facets of architectural practice. Minimum B.A. in Architecture. You work well in a group and seek responsibility. Experience with ArchiCAD is a plus but not a necessity. To apply: send your resume, work sample, and a brief introduction via email. Be kind and keep it simple. If you’ve got to Dropbox, Drive, or We Transfer it, then your file is too big. Contact us (by email only, thanks) Patrick Thompson, email@example.com.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural and interior designs.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial and residential buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Prepare drawings of architectural and interior designs for presentation to client.
- Assist in selection of materials, fixtures, and finishes for interior design and construction projects.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for interior design and construction projects, using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD).
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs with architectural plans, under supervision. Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Conduct field surveys, inspections, or technical investigations to obtain data required to revise construction drawings, under supervision.
About the Company
Responsive. Collaborative. Inventive. Genuine. Fun. Hi! Manske Dieckmann Thompson PLLC here. We’re looking for emerging architectural talent to join us in our Uptown studio. About us: we are a group of designers working to create a better, more inclusive built environment. A practice that began with 2 people in 1992, MDT has been around long enough to have been around the block more than a few times, and we keep things interesting lending our expertise to a wide range of project types including healthcare, housing, offices, and commercial spaces as well as the fast-growing cannabis industry. Our office is a tag-team, multi-tasking, question asking, nerding-out-loud kind of place. Oh, and we have an office cat who tolerates us.