About the Job
- Contribute to all stages of the design process: conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, move-in / installation, art coordination and post- occupancy
- Contribute to the development of internal procedures as they relate to the budgeting, scheduling, and purchasing of furnishings.
- Research, select and document the overall interiors package (including but not limited to FF&E) for a range of architectural projects
- Develop and deliver graphic presentation materials and design documentation for architectural interiors, including visuals and samples, through the utilization of various software platforms
- Translate design concepts into construction documents and details; produce fabrication of custom furniture and millwork, utilizing CAD / Revit software platforms
- Collaborate with the Project Architects and Design Director to develop space planning concepts and interior finish material selection
- Assist in concept / style and color palette development
- Manage the selection and specification of furniture and fabrics
- Coordinate with outside fabricators, consultants, artisans and vendors
- Conduct site visits to ensure quality of fabrication and / or installation
- Manage the furniture procurement paperwork process: vendor pricing, client proposals, purchase orders, invoices, final payment
- Manage the logistics of shipping / delivery of items for installation
- Manage client interaction, expectations and decisions
- Provide the highest level of service to our clients in every aspect of the interior design process
- Two Years minimum experience in design required
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Must be a self-motivated team player
- Must have excellent verbal, and written communication skills – strong interpersonal skills will be required to interact with clients, internal staff, sales reps, and vendors
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Studio Designer and the Adobe Creative Suite; Revit experience is a plus
- Must be able to generate design concepts and ideas independently, and be capable to successfully communicate to the team and clients
- Expert knowledge of furniture, systems, fabrics, color and materials
- Must be motivated to work in an environment that is detail-oriented, committed to quality, and providing high-end service
- Certification or state licensed is a plus
- Must be willing to commute to local client sites and vendor locations
If you meet the qualifications within this opportunity, please submit a short cover letter stating why you are uniquely qualified for this position, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only. Combined size should not to exceed 10MB. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.
Dirk Denison Architects
About the Company
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, driven self-starter and experienced professional with a strong background in interior architecture, design and high-end furnishings to join our fast-paced diversified team, that enjoys working on challenging and non-traditional projects, to create unique and well-designed spaces for our clients’ homes, offices and restaurants.