About the Job
PRIMARY FUNCTION Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from schematics through construction administration. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working on multi-family housing projects . Additionally, the ideal candidate will be an excellent internal and external communicator both verbally and graphically, able to effectively oversee project team milestone deliverables, while maintaining alignment with agreed contractual and financial project performance objectives. The Project Architect role demands a talented professional to function at both strategic thought and hands-on leadership levels, exercising familiarity with the use of Revit. TYPICAL DUTIES
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as discipline team leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members within the discipline.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other discipline team leaders.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure required.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum six years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
About the Company
At HED, great design is about thinking creatively to overcome challenges and improve real world outcomes. Our firm has a long history and reputation for excellence because we believe that all the facets of our design, from architecture, consulting, engineering, and planning, must create a positive impact for our clients, the community, and the world through responsive, innovative, and sustainable design solutions. This belief has allowed our firm to succeed and grow in a broad range of markets in eight U.S. offices (Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Sacramento). HED’s mission is to advance the world of our clients, the community, and the world. We seek to achieve these goals through a firm culture that fosters social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI). To this end we are proud to be an International Living Future Institute JUST organization, an inaugural member of NOMA's President Circle Program, a National Best & Brightest Company to Work For, and a signatory member of AIA 2030.
AIA 2030 Commitment Signatory