About the Job
TWG is a vertically integrated multifamily development company, which includes its own in-house Architectural Team. This team is responsible for taking projects from SD through CA in- house as well as managing 3rd party architects/consultants to ensure the final product is thoughtfully designed, fully coordinated, code compliant and within budget.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Experience using Procore and responding to RFI’s and submittals in a timely manner.
- Experience in visiting multiple job sites, actively participating in OAC meetings, reviewing/signing pay applications, coordinating project schedules, and completing detailed construction observation reports.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes including FHA, IBC, ICC A117.1 (ANSI), as well as researching state specific code amendments.
- Good communication skills for working with the local building/fire officials and inspectors
- Aptitude to work with and manage multiple structural, civil, landscape, and MEP consultants on various multi-family and/or mixed-use projects
- Work effectively with in house architecture, interiors, and construction teams. Strive for a collaborative approach to working with TWG construction as well as other 3rd party GC’s.
- Work with TWG Development and TWG Construction to bridge the gap between pro-forma,
budget, and required design aesthetics
- Proactively solve design, scope, and possible field issues along with other additional responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing lessons learned from the field to the in-house architectural and construction teams
- Construction Administration will be provided for all projects. Currently this position will be responsible for the following requirements: Site observation visits, Review shop drawings and submittals for various active projects, issue sketches as needed to supplement written responses.
- Contribute to team discussions and development of department standards
- Holds consultants accountable for meeting performance standards and successfully delivering on project objectives as originally established and issued to TWG Development
- Establishes areas of accountability and performance objectives, monitors execution and provides ongoing feedback to design team, project teams, owners, etc.
- Serves as resource for answering the project team questions and assisting with solving problems. This extends outside of the project team to company-wide issues, if applicable
- Understanding project requirements and design parameters
- Understanding of code compliant paths to maximize building efficiencies
- 5-10 years’ experience in multi-family design, including Type V and III on-grade projects as well as podiums
- Degree in Architecture from an Accredited University
- Licensed architect preferred
- Knowledge of Fair Housing guidelines and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements
- Ability to prepare and understand construction document plans and relevant specifications NGBS, LEED, or other Green Building certification process, preferred
- 50% Travel is required
About the Company
Our company is called TWG because it is built around one core philosophy: Together, We Grow.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Indianapolis, TWG is a fully integrated real estate development company specializing in commercial, market rate, affordable and senior housing developments across the country. With a focus on development, financing, design, construction and management, TWG has transacted over $1.9 billion in development costs and over 10,000 units nationwide.
As a worldwide real estate development leader, we understand the critical role we play in how communities are shaped. We use our knowledge and presence to not only deliver excellent returns for our shareholders but also positively impact the regions in which we serve by helping them grow into some of the greatest places in the world.