About the Job
This position is responsible for preparing full Construction Documents under the direction of the
Director of Architecture, as well as managing 3rd party architects and other design consultants.
Candidate will ultimately be responsible for all areas of design/documentation on their assigned projects and will be expected to bring new ideas and skills to contribute to company and department directives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily if not above expectations. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This list is not all inclusive of the role’s potential requirements.
- Contribute to team discussions and development of department standards
- Holds consultants accountable for meeting performance standards and successfully delivering
on project objectives as originally established and issued to TWG Development
- Establishes areas of accountability and performance objectives, monitors execution and
provides ongoing feedback to design team, project teams, owners, etc.
- Serves as resource for answering the project team questions and assisting with solving problems. This extends outside of the project team to company-wide issues, if applicable
- Understanding project requirements and design parameters
- Understanding of code compliant paths to maximize building efficiencies
- Participates and attends in development, pre-design, pre-construction, meetings for each
- Other duties as assigned
- Hosts weekly meetings for each project and keeps all project documents current.
- Assists project team in foreshadowing any possible design challenges and working with the
project team to provide any valued engineering idea
- Experience in multi-family apartment building design
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and building codes
- Ability to prepare and understand construction document plans and relevant specifications
- Strong ability to create Sketchup modeling and presentation materials.
- NGBS, LEED, or other Green Building certification processes.
- Degree in Architecture from an Accredited University. Licensure preferred.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Aptitude to work with and manage multiple structural, civil, landscape, and MEP consultants on
various multi-family and/or mixed-use projects.
- Work effectively with in house Interior Design, Pre-construction, and Development
- Submit permit drawings to state and local authorities in various locations, as well as submit for
all variances that may be required.
- Ability to create conceptual layouts, massing plans, and general site layouts to determine a
- Work with TWG Development and TWG Construction to bridge the gap between pro-forma,
budget, and required design aesthetics.
- Proactively solve design, scope, and possible field issues along with other additional
About the Company
Our company is called TWG because it is built around one core philosophy: Together, We Grow.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Indianapolis, TWG is a fully integrated real estate development company specializing in commercial, market rate, affordable and senior housing developments across the country. With a focus on development, financing, design, construction and management, TWG has transacted over $1.9 billion in development costs and over 10,000 units nationwide.
As a worldwide real estate development leader, we understand the critical role we play in how communities are shaped. We use our knowledge and presence to not only deliver excellent returns for our shareholders but also positively impact the regions in which we serve by helping them grow into some of the greatest places in the world.