90,000 - 105,000
About the Job
90,000 - 105,000
The role: As a BIM Manager with a retail architecture focus, your Revit expertise will allow you to do deep dive work into some of our largest enterprise clients. You will continuously help the team see the future of the project, focus on current deadlines, and understand the delta between where we are today and the end goal. You will use your critical thinking and organization skills to be able to quickly distill information and effectively moderate discussions. Your consultative mindset and seemingly easy communication style allow you to understand a wide variety of perspectives, make final decisions quickly with the information at hand, and navigate even difficult situations with leaders and clients in ways that are well accepted. Marry your architecture and design background and your retail experience with technology and join an industry leader to make a difference in the industry! **Please note that only applicants currently residing and working in the United States will be considered.** In this role, you will:
- Work on the project management of BIM projects, especially focused on the design phase, including but not limited to retail and multi-site focused projects.
- Serve as the primary interface to clients and cultivate client relationships. Present work to the client. Lead conversations and facilitate meetings with the client.
- Listen to and gain understanding of a variety of different perspectives, resolving conflicts and making and communicating final decisions internally and externally.
- Break work plans into achievable pieces and generate and distribute roadmaps for future work.
- Prepare regular status reports for a variety of audiences sharing milestones achieved, progress updates, risks mitigated, etc.
- Lead teams in the creation and execution of BIM workflows, including but not limited to BIM workflows that support retail store planning and design.
- Build and conduct BIM training sessions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create, quality control, and train others in the use of Revit families and templates.
- Devise BIM workflows to optimize collaboration between multiple stakeholders across the design phase of the project.
- Regularly document and update BIM standards.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements. Enhance VIATechnik’s goal of continuous improvement within our company, for our clients, and for the industry.
- Contribute to our culture of professional development and knowledge sharing by participating in and leading training efforts.
- The pay for this position is $90,000 to $105,000, and the role is eligible for bonuses. The actual salary offer may be different as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location.
- Health insurance with the choice of four plan options. We cover 70-95% of premiums for VIATechies and 70% of the premiums for dependents.
- Dental and vision insurance. We cover 75% of the monthly insurance premiums for VIATechies and 50% of the premiums for dependents.
Apply if you have:
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in architecture, Architectural Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in providing implementation, training, and support in BIM for an architectural or design firm in the United States.
- 2+ years of experience creating architectural workflows.
- 2+ years of experience supporting the architectural development for commercial and retail/multi-site owners.
- Conducted discovery conversations with clients to understand their pain points.
- Acted as information manager and coordinator, facilitating two-way communication between internal and external stakeholders.
- A firm understanding of BIM workflows and work planning.
- Expert-level Revit skills that allow you to share best practices and train others.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of BIM360.
- The ability to dive deep into the technical side of BIM, testing and rolling out solutions within the project team.
- A knack for reading between the lines and understanding what’s not said.
- Used Excel to create and maintain work plans.
- Extensive experience with data analysis and testing.
- Worked on large enterprise-level BIM projects that require you to work on one project at a time.
- Created formalized BIM training for clients.
VT Summer Retreat
About the Company
About VIATechnik: VIATechnik is the global leader in Virtual Design and Construction. We have over 250 digital experts around the globe. The firm’s services include Virtual Design & Construction (VDC), Building Information Modeling (BIM), Virtual & Augmented Reality, Digital Twins, and Enterprise Software Application Development. We work on some of the industry’s largest and most interesting projects such as Apple’s new headquarters, Virgin Hyperloop One, Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) modernization & expansions, Denver International Airport, Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Hudson Yards, the Atlanta Falcons Stadium, Chase Arena, the Tesla Gigafactory and many more. Our team is made up of leading VDC professionals, technologists, architects, and engineers who have a passion for solving problems and a thirst for learning. We are results-driven, creative solution finders and enjoy putting ourselves in our clients’ shoes.
Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)