About the Job
Summary: Assist in preparing complete and accurate working plans and detailed drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties. Required Qualifications:
- B.Arch or M.Arch from an accredited school of Architecture.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Active in the production of design documents, including: SD, DD, CD and CA.
- Coordinating project consultants.
- Independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills are a must.
- Hands on approach and flexibility are a must.
- Performs analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies and limited design layouts.
- Prepares project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Writes reports and specifications.
- Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations.
- 3 to 5 years of architecture practice experience (including at least 1 year of U.S. experience)
- Strong design portfolio.
- Experience with Revit is preferred.
- U.S. Architectural License preferred
- Knowledge of the City Building Code is preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
About the Company
Valerio Dewalt Train is a 60+ person architecture, interiors, and experiential design practice with offices in Chicago, Illinois; Denver, Colorado; San Francisco, California; and Palo Alto, California. Since 1994, the firm has based its practice on the simple idea that whatever the question, design is the answer. But we also believe that before an answer can be provided, one has to do the research to make sure the question is understood. As designers, we take a research-based approach to the design process; it is immersive and specific. This process allows us to explore the client’s DNA, user profile, research best practices and discover early on what sustainable strategies should be integrated in the project. By integrating environmentally conscious approaches and technology from the project conception, the ideas become intertwined with the design, creating a building that represents and performs as a sustainable facility. We work with a wide range of clients: institutional, educational, corporate, retail, entertainment, hospitality, and developers, each client benefits from the cross-fertilization of ideas between these industries. The result of our energetic approach is a series of remarkable projects often produced on very tight budgets and schedules for many notable organizations; from eBay, to Adobe, the Shedd Aquarium, the University of Chicago, and the Chicago Park District.
AIA 2030 Commitment Signatory