About the Job
If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to put them to work and grow your career. Recent design, documentation, and project management experience in the hospitality and multi-family residential sectors is required. Candidate must be a team player and enjoy a team environment and have the ability to foster friendly and respectful relationships with staff, contractors, clients, and field teams. Candidate must be able to work with the firm’s Managing Principals and senior leadership to develop project strategies and lead design direction in a collaborative manner. Must also have proven experience in providing innovative solutions to unusually complex problems; resolving conflicts between varying approaches; exerting influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of an organization; significantly impacting decisions within a project.
Key Skills and Duties
Design and Management:
- Requires application of intensive and diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad areas of assignment.
- Make routine decisions governed by established firm standards or project instructions.
- Consistently estimate accurate completion time of own assignments and effectively coordinates with project team and across disciplines.
- Mature judgement and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in serving as an organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs, to include contact with client executives, equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning such issues as, technical consistency of documentation, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
- Interfaces in a professional manner with clients and contractors to represent the project and possesses ability to communicate effectively with other team members.
- Ability to represent firm in workshops and meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Work in a multi-discipline environment sharing and coordinating work to meet the project goals.
- Must be able to work closely with project consultants and colleagues from different geographies.
- Comfortable bridging between design, technical and business teams.
- Working knowledge of local zoning ordinances and understanding of the process required to secure jurisdictional approvals.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Construction Standards and Codes.
- The firm’s principle software includes AutoCad, Revit, SketchUp, and Enscape and other enhancing plugins. Experience in these programs is required.
- 8+ years of experience with Hospitality, Large-Scale Mixed-use, Residential or High-rise projects.
Experience in Architectural Design, Production Drawings, Design Reviews and Design Management, ConstructionAdministration services as well as the ability to mentor staff.
- Architectural Registration or on track to licensure
- Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, texture, form and composition.
- Sound practical design and technical skills to assist design team and interface with Principals
- Confident in coordinating the work with the different in-house and allied disciplines.
- Must understand operational needs of growing and sustaining an office environment.
- Willingness to travel for business for our expanding national project pipeline.
About the Company
GREC Architects is a highly regarded, award winning design, architectural, and master planning firm specializing in Hospitality, Residential, Mixed-Use, Land Planning, and Workplace and Hospitality Interiors projects. With our primary office in Chicago, we are well positioned to meet the needs of a growing national client base.
GREC is a diverse and creative team of architects and designers, utilizing state-of-the-art technology to provide our clients with compelling design thru impeccable service. We pride ourselves on solid, intriguing designs and full client satisfaction.
As a mid-size, singular studio, and relatively flat organization, members in this position need to be well rounded and experienced in the many facets of our craft and are expected to perform duties on all levels. We are seeking a Senior Architectural Designer – Project Manager to lead the development and documentation of our expanding national design assignments. We are offering a position that has room to grow within the organization and lead the studio into the future. We offer competitive compensation packages consisting of salary, bonuses, and numerous benefits.