Commensurate with ex
About the Job
Commensurate with ex
We are looking for a bright, creative, hard-working, thoughtful individual to join our team as a project manager. The position would encompass all aspects of design and construction administration. While the firm's work varies considerably in project type, previous experience in the realm of custom residential architecture is an absolute requirement.
- Mastery of design and creative solution development coupled with technical integrity
- Working knowledge of custom residential architecture
- Five plus years of experience working in a professional design office • Two plus years in project management including team leadership, delegation, and consultant coordination
- A professional degree in architecture
- Licensed to practice architecture or on licensure track
- Mastery of AutoCAD and/or Revit technology • Strong communication, organizational, graphic, detailing, and time-management skills • Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously • Accountable for completeness and accuracy of documents (QC) • Budgeting and schedule management during production phase • CA phase team leadership • Mentoring of less experienced staff • Strong ability to self-direct
About the Company
SLH has a studio culture of creatives, designing toward craft, and beyond trend. The team engages clients and their sites, in the creation of home, everywhere. Intense collaboration at each step of the design and construction process is key to the remarkable diversity and quality of the firm's work. A project's aesthetic is informed by a detailed study of program, context, technology, and budget. The studio shares a commitment to creativity, innovation, sustainability, detail, and materiality. SLH’s award-winning portfolio includes commercial, residential, and institutional projects that range from master planning to renovations to restorations to new construction. SLH projects have been broadly published and exhibited. Based in Chicago, the firm works nationally and abroad yet prides itself on a hands-on approach to each project.
AIA 2030 Commitment Signatory
Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)