About the Job
This is a full-time position for an Architect/Architectural Designer that will allow you to:
- Showcase your design skills and technical abilities.
- Lead and/or participate in all phases of a project from design through construction.
- Enhance your knowledge of construction detailing.
- Coordinate with consultants and other project team members.
- Collaborate directly with the firm’s principal on multiple projects.
- Receive exposure to production and management aspects of running a firm.
- Enjoy the flexibility, variety, and work/life balance of a small office.
- Professional degree in architecture.
- 1 to 5 years of experience with a strong interest in single-family residential.
- Desire to work in a variety of design styles.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp.
- Familiarity with International Residential Codes and Chicago Building Code.
Please submit resume and sampling of work created in an office environment.
J. Lawton Thies Architects
About the Company
JLTA is a full-service design firm specializing in upper tier residential architecture and interiors. Based in Chicago with offices in the Fine Arts Building, our work includes new construction and sensitive renovations of historically significant properties. Services are closely tailored to the specific needs of client and project providing a highly personalized experience for all.