About the Job
The Project Manager role owns the collaborative leadership of project teams in the resolution of multiple / concurrent complex design projects, directing and managing internal and external design teams, while driving the execution of all aspects of our services, from initial planning through project closeout.
- In collaboration with a firm partner: estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals and contracts
- Strategize, develop and coordinate project work plans, and facilitate optimal team assignments and performance — technically, administratively and financially, resulting in the creation of high quality and artful solutions to architectural problems
- Serve as the primary client liaison to bring schedule, budget and scope of work into alignment and through completion, to the client's satisfaction
- Assure timely and effective communication and documentation across project team, internal and external, and with clients
- Develop and maintain collaborative and warm work relationships - with clients, peers and teammates
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, or from a similar program
- 8+ years of experience in the profession of architecture; licensed or working towards licensure
- Working knowledge of Revit and project management software is preferred
- Strong communication abilities; verbal, written and graphic
- Diversity of project experience is preferred, including institutional projects
- Able to coach and be coachable
- Effective at working under pressure (within restrictive time deadlines and budget parameters) while maintaining focus and a positive attitude
About the Company
Partners in Design Architects is the premier architectural design firm serving primarily southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Our 30+ years of success is the result of building solid relationships with our clients and delivering exceptional customer service. In partnership with our clients, consultants, and design team members, we strive to facilitate a positive building experience while leading a collaborative design process and maintaining a clear project vision for all. We believe aesthetics, function, comfort, energy efficiency and environmental stewardship all play an important role in creating successful architectural solutions for each project. We seek to add staff who are passionate about architecture, have a strong sense for design, and a determined desire to “own” the articulation of design in all phases. Our offices are located in downtown Kenosha, WI, overlooking Lake Michigan, and in Riverwoods, IL, offering commuting accessibility to northern Illinois. In addition to a professional work environment, competitive base compensation and benefits, and a generous variable-compensation package, we offer career growth opportunities that are often elusive in large firms.