Based on Experience
About the Job
Based on Experience
We are currently seeking ambitious, enthusiastic senior architects to join our studio. Candidates will have the opportunity to work through all phases of design and construction, and will work closely with the principals and senior staff. A successful candidate will participate in, and often lead, the creation of design and technical solutions for a variety of project types through feasibility studies, and conceptual and schematic design activities. By using an assortment of communication tools, designs will be presented, critiqued, and reiterated. Expect to have close interaction with clients, managing expectations, building relationships, and keeping regular communication throughout the design and construction process. Candidates will also be expected to research, specify, and detail materials, finishes, products and fixtures. They will coordinate directly with engineering consultants, often in a workflow using shared Revit models. A successful candidate will guide a project through the construction documentation process by managing and organizing a drawing set, overseeing and coordinating a Revit model, annotating drawings, and creating construction details unique to each project. They will be held accountable for the understanding and application of building codes to ongoing design activities and applying for and obtaining building permits. Candidates will observe construction activities, and work with contractors to ensure successful execution of design intent. In addition, every member of Level is expected to contribute to the continuous development of office standards, the office culture, ongoing philanthropic and/or volunteer efforts that extend our reach of influence as architects and contributing members of our communities. Ideas and initiatives that reinforce these efforts will be recognized and appreciated. Our office is set up to work efficiently from any location, be it their homes or our headquarters in Avondale. We currently work Tuesday through Thursday in the office and Monday and Friday from home.
- Architecture degree from an accredited school
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is preferred including multi-family residential, mixed use, adaptive reuse and new construction.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, dynamic presentation skills, the ability to manage and work with a variety of clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- A candidate should have exceptional leadership skills, and will take responsibility for managing projects through completion and maintaining project budgets and schedules.
- A candidate will be able to participate in marketing pitches to develop new business, will be able to create proposals, estimate design fees and staffing requirements.
- A candidate will be asked to identify and share opportunities for personal advancement with the team to enhance creativity and awareness of technical and cultural advances in the profession
About the Company
Level Architecture Incorporated is a team of architects, designers, and thinkers who are driven by problem solving and the desire to create timeless well-crafted buildings of multiple scales and typologies. We design meaningful spaces grounded in their place. We approach each project as a unique study culminating in a design solution driven by client program, building typology, and the specific context of the site. We strive to elevate pragmatic problem solving to poetic formal realization. The center of our work is focused on environments for living, working, and playing, completing projects ranging from parks, playgrounds and classrooms to houses and multi-unit housing. Our portfolio also includes various project types in locations throughout North America. We place great value in the practice of responsible design, considering impact on the environment as well as the physical and emotional comfort of the user. We have a fun, supportive culture, where the team regularly participates in ongoing instruction, learning opportunities, career guidance, and social events.
AIA 2030 Commitment Signatory