About the Job
LCM’s architecture studio is looking for a Senior Project Manager with 7+ years of experience and a strong desire to be part of a dynamic, growing team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and team player who can lead project teams in completing tasks efficiently and accurately. They should be able to think critically, be skilled in architectural design, drawing production, consultant coordination, and construction administration, and have experience managing mid- to large-scale projects. They will take the initiative on action items, delegate/coordinate tasks with other team members, review project timelines/milestones, and assist junior staff in solving project-related technical complexities whenever needed. Our award-winning architecture practice brings life to the imagination of our clients. At LCM, we believe that buildings should adapt to people rather than people having to adapt to buildings. The synergy between our architecture studio and accessibility practices enriches our firm’s culture. We have a vibrant, collaborative environment, and we are looking for someone who will embrace the learning process for themselves to grow professionally and look for opportunities to mentor others within the firm. While we are headquartered in downtown Chicago, this role will offer opportunities to travel to various locations locally and across states. Responsibilities
- Leads the architectural project team through close collaboration with Partners to achieve design, technical and financial success.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages a variety of project types, including multifamily housing, healthcare, higher education, and hospitality.
- Manages owner/client relationships and expectations effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively.
- Represents the firm as the day-to-day primary contact for client interaction.
- Assists with marketing and business development efforts preparing qualifications statements, proposals, and contracts.
- Actively participates in interviews and presentations.
- Collaborates with team members and other lead professionals to ensure design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations.
- Negotiates critical issues with appropriate parties.
- Travels periodically to project sites.
- Mentors younger team members.
- Performs Construction Administration, including reviewing shop drawings, responding to RFIs, and conducting evaluations of the quality of work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design, or a related field.
- Professional registration required.
- 7+ years of planning, design, architecture, or related experience.
- Strong technical and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service projects at various stages of development.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic/visualization storytelling skills to convey ideas to project stakeholders.
- Effective time management, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to excellence and leads by example.
About the Company
LCM Architects is a disability-owned architecture and accessibility consulting firm that intentionally blends these specialties to create built environments that are supportive of an inclusive society. We endeavor to create built environments that have a significant impact on the communities they serve. LCM leverages the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our designers, architects, and accessibility specialists to shape our work. Our portfolio includes projects in the corporate, cultural, education, government, hospitality, and residential sectors, as well as medical, laboratory, retail, and transportation. We approach every project from multiple perspectives to fuse function and spatial relationships into successful and accessible built environments. Our team uses the unique qualities of each project to deliver designs of enduring quality that reflect the imagination of our clients.
WHY WORK WITH US?You will be part of a fun, high-energy, diverse, and smart team dedicated to advancing great design and supporting our communities. We wholeheartedly believe in a healthy work-life balance and take measures to care for each other. LCM offers a wide range of benefits, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, workers comp, and 401(k) plan. At LCM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our thinking about the built environment. We enjoy what we do, and we enjoy doing it together!
Business Enterprises Owned or Operated by People with Disabilities (BEPD)