About the Job
Mid-level (4+ years) or Senior (7+ years) Historic Preservation Architect needed for various historic preservation projects including architectural design, building assessments, master plans, project detail design, construction documents, and construction administration.
Bachelor or Masters of Architecture
License in hand or in progress
- Preservation coursework or work experience with existing and historic buildings
- Knowledge of how existing and historic buildings work and how to research them.
- Ability to understand how to learn about structures, make treatment recommendations according to the SOI Standards.
- Be a pleasant self starter with a positive attitude! We all enjoy working together to save or improve some pretty nice historic places!
- 5-8 years of architectural experience including project management
- Experience in historic preservation including historic research, building assessments, construction documents, and report writing
- Licensed or actively pursuing licensure
- Self-motivated team player who enjoys learning and takes pride in their work
- Professional experience in Revit (or excited to learn)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send your resume, a brief introduction, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
About the Company
JLK is a woman-owned architecture firm specializing in historic preservation, architecture, civic work, and transportation projects. The office is fun and flexible, allowing work-from-home as it best suits each employee.
We are a collaborative groups and the firm is supportive of our employees. We offer great benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, matching Safe Harbor 401K. Very generous vacation and PTO Packages. Ask us about the Soulbatical.