About the Job
Our passionate group is looking for a full-time entry level Sustainability Staff member to join our team. The role will work on our LEED projects, provide energy auditing services (training provided), and use this experience to impact and connect to other office initiatives.
- Support LEED Administration tasks for both design and construction contracts and perform all associated duties throughout the project, from credit inception through to documentation submission, including reports, tracking updates, and design and/or construction submittals
- Conduct fundamental basic energy modeling
- Make basic adjustment to architectural documents demonstrating area takes offs and fixture counts
- Evaluate energy efficiency goals based on provided guidelines and standards
- Source project documentation such as EPDs, recycled content reports, HPDs, etc.
- Develop technical specifications for sustainability goals – certified or otherwise
- Conduct site visits to verify variable sustainability standards and programs
- Review and document mechanical systems and building efficiency features
- Apply sustainability experience and knowledge to master plan projects
- Passion for sustainability and community minded architecture
- Interest in performing swing stage façade inspection (training provided)
- Strong professional communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate with a team
- Organized with ability to follow through on deadlines
- Adaptable to change of demands and priorities
- LEED accredited professional with specialty
- Degree in architecture, engineering, environmental sciences, construction management, or related field required
- Must have a valid driver license and access to a vehicle for site visits
- Background check required
About the Company
HUSarchitecture is a team of experts exploring how to better build sustainable community through collaboration. Our small, community-minded architecture firm in Pilsen focuses on low-income housing projects, public schools and sustainability consulting. At the core of our mission, we use our technical expertise to bring sustainability to our office, clients, and the greater City of Chicago.