About the Job
The Accessibility Facility Assessor role helps HUSarchitecture identify and implement our sustainable mission through inclusive design. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for this mission and would provide the following:
- Regular field visits coordinated with various clients operating hours.
- Photographing sites per project-specific guidelines.
- Physical assessment of space utilizing various software packages and tools
- Developing visual documents/drawings to represent field conditions
- Evaluate built conditions with alignment of accessibility codes
- Arrive to site prepared and on time; early mornings are sometimes required
- Knowledge and understanding of how to use necessary equipment
- Compile field reports in a timely manner using provided equipment (iPad, laptop, Excel, proprietary assessment tools, etc.)
- Develop architectural solutions in drawing and written form that modify existing conditions into compliance with accessibility needs of a space
- Manage and organize large amounts of data and photographs with high accuracy
- Adapt to multiple assessment platforms and project requirements
- Must have a valid driver license and access to a vehicle for site visits
- Physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (4+ hours), ability to crouch, bend, kneel, and photograph spaces
- Hold an accredited professional degree
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Familiarity with UFAS guidelines
- Strong familiarity with AutoCAD/Revit
- Background check required
About the Company
HUSarchitecture is looking for a full time Facility Assessor to join our team of experts exploring how to better build sustainable community through collaboration. We are a small architecture firm in Pilsen working to make an impact on Chicago’s community through improvements to public agency and multi-family housing.