About the Job
We are seeking an ARCHITECT to help with the design and planning of all retail and concessions projects at O’Hare airport. Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for construction administration tasks for active projects under construction including:
- Taking job site photos
- Monitor construction progress
- Ensure conformance with approved drawings, specifications, and building construction requirements.
- Complete project construction beginning-to-completion PDFs that are handed off to Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) after completion of every project.
- Coordinate systems shut-down, deliveries, and other-related construction activities with CDA, airlines, and other terminal users.
- Assist in preparation of design and construction status reports.
- Perform drawing reviews and comments
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor final inspections, close-out, and punch-list preparation and completion. Follow-up on delinquent/outstanding deliverables.
- Follow-up on all lease requirements relative to construction including, but not limited to, as-build drawings, occupancy permits, and cost information.
- Work with architectural team on upgrading current CDA design criteria, construction criteria, construction integration with internal management information systems.
- Attend team meetings and all construction progress meetings.
- Provide administrative tasks, filing, and field work in all 3 terminals.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Knowledge of other disciplines and directs interdisciplinary coordination;
- Detailed knowledge of building codes and industry standards, including ADA;
- Perform site visits and issues reports;
- Edit/write specifications;
- Provide input into standards
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or relative field
- 7 years of architectural experience; aviation experience preferred
- Licensed architect
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Able to communicate design options to a diverse group
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Lumion and Rhino experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About the Company
Globetrotters is a full-service professional organization based in Chicago that has served the public and private sectors since 1974 in the areas of design, management, and consulting. With 200+ personnel, we draw upon highly qualified and experienced staff with diverse expertise to provide cost-effective, sustainable, and responsive services to our clients.