About the Job
We are seeking an Architectural Designer to help with the production for all types of residential, municipal, commercial, and institutional projects. In this job, you will:
- Develop, modify, and review production drawings and construction documents
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration
- Prepare and monitor project status reports
- Prepare and document required code research for project
- Complete projects within budget and schedule
- Perform drawing reviews and comments
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor punch-list preparation and completion. Follow-up on delinquent/outstanding deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to effectively communicate design options to a diverse group
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Knowledge of other disciplines and directs interdisciplinary coordination
- Detailed knowledge of building codes and industry standards, including ADA
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Over 3 years of architectural experience
- Exceptional computer skills including proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD. 3D modeling skills are preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Licensed architect preferred
About the Company
Globetrotters Engineering is a full-service professional organization based in Chicago that has served the public and private sectors since 1974 in the areas of design, management, and consulting. With 200+ personnel, we draw upon highly qualified and experienced staff with diverse expertise to provide cost-effective, sustainable, and responsive services to our clients. Globetrotters provides architecture, engineering, construction management, permit plan reviews, facility and property management, consulting, and IT services. We are committed to planning, designing, constructing, and managing quality and sustainable infrastructure projects that play an integral role in the development and success of the communities we serve.
Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)