About the Job
Farr Associates is looking for an energetic soul, who shares our values, to join our architecture team! We are growing and seeking a driven and passionate architectural designer. Projects in our studio focus on high-performance green buildings of all types including commercial, residential, institutional, and affordable housing in both new-build and renovation contexts. The architectural designer will assist project leads in all phases of design and construction, from initial concept creation to construction administration. Revit skills are a must, but this is not a drafting role. A great candidate would be interested in developing their technical and communication skills, advancing their licensure pursuits, and contributing to the firm's overall mission and vision. This is a full-time position, at our Downtown Chicago location, with competitive salary and benefits.
Qualifications — The chosen candidate will possess these traits:
- Passion for sustainable, socially equitable, economically-viable design.
- Smart, strategic, highly organized, self-starter, who shares the firm’s vision.
- Great communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Excellent presentation preparation skills with strong graphic sensibilities.
- 2-6 years of professional experience in an architectural firm or related professional.
- LEED Green Associate; Required within one year of employment.
- Proficiency in Revit and Rhino / Sketchup.
- Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite applications.
About the Company
Farr Associates is a firm of optimistic architects and planners passionate about cities, sustainability, and leadership. We operate with an intent to innovate, tracking opportunities to achieve local, regional or even global “firsts.” Our planners and architects work in integrated design teams to create award-winning designs that provide the most client benefit for the least cost. Our best work results from close collaboration with clients on projects that aspire to attain social, economic and environmental goals, often at the crossroads of urbanism and architecture. As a Benefit Corporation, Farr Associates strives for a positive and measurable impact on society, employees, and the environment. We maintain a reputation of actively working on behalf of those with diverse needs and identities, while belonging and contributing to a larger and just context. We align our business with a public good through full transparency– from our employee policies to our design intentions and community engagement.
AIA 2030 Commitment Signatory