About the Job
OKW is looking for a licensed architect with a thorough knowledge of architectural practice to join us as our Director of Architecture and Planning. The role will oversee design and planning efforts and will monitor project design development, providing direction and support to ensure consistent and high-quality design work firm wide. A successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and visually, interfacing with clients, consultants, and municipalities. As part of the leadership team, they will mentor staff to ensure consistent and high quality designs with emphasis on thoughtful planning, understanding of context, and designing with an eye for detail. We are looking for a candidate that appreciates architectural design through the lens of proportion and understands the importance of carrying a design intent through to the built product.
- Develop feasibility analyses with a thorough understanding of site and zoning requirements.
- Lay out of site plans and master plans with a special consideration for context, placemaking, and financial feasibility.
- Develop architectural designs with the support of a project team.
- Represent the firm during Entitlement phase by leading the preparation of presentations and participating in public hearings.
- Provide design leadership to Project Managers and Project Architects overseeing projects from concept planning phase through design development and construction documentation.
- Bright professional who is thoughtful, perceptive, innovative and takes initiative.
- Dedicated to the success of the team including self, peers, junior staff and partners.
- Able to function in conjunction with other professionals in order to develop an entire project from initial concept to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and graphically, personable in work relationships, both externally and internally; detailed, and self-organized.
- Possess personal qualities of creativity and collaboration knowing when to push back and when to back off.
- Can be disciplined as a manager while being entrepreneurial in style and approach.
About the Company
If you are looking for growth and leadership opportunities, OKW is the place to do it. In business since 1959, we have doe almost everything there is, from large scale master planning to strategic renovations for small businesses. We specialize in solving complex problems for our clients in hospitality, retail, housing, workplace, and private clubs. Sometimes, the solution can involve changing a cold-storage facility into a food hall or an underused warehouse into a branded HQ.
Our clients range from large commercial real estate firms to local non-profits and everything in between. OKW is a combination of architects, planners, interior designers, artists, musicians, athletes, chefs and gardeners! As we begin another great year we are looking for more talented folks to join our dynamic office. Check out our website for more information.