About the Job
We are seeking highly motivated and skilled candidates with experience in Industrial Design, Product Design, Off-Site Construction, Pre-Fabrication, and/or Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) techniques.
We are looking for those who seek to change the way the built environment is imagined, designed, and constructed. Our team works with global technology clients to develop innovative building products, systems, solutions, and assemblies through detailed design at both the manufacturing and construction scales. Work ranges from architectural planning to product concept development, to delivery of fabrication level designs, and through shop drawings for manufacturing.
In this role, you will be involved in the research, development, and deployment of solutions for buildings and construction. You will work on complex cross-disciplinary problems, working with a diverse team of engineers, architects, product designers, contractors, and fabricators to develop design solutions utilizing advanced construction and project delivery methods.
- Collaborate closely with architects, engineers, and general contractors to develop creative product, prefab, or architectural solutions for clients
- Consolidate and coordinate design requirements from cross-functional building design teams
- Lead research and development to support solution prototyping and solution deployment feasibility
- Mediate incompatibilities between engineering/manufacturing and design requirements
- Identify opportunities and provide guidance to architecture and engineering teams for building streamlining
- Use computer aided design tools (Revit or SolidWorks) to develop design
- Use shop or construction drawings to communicate design to trade or manufacturing partners
- BS or higher in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 4 – 8 years of experience working on complex products, building systems, or prefab building components
- Experience producing construction drawings or shop drawings (knowledge of dimensioning
- Creative mindset with ability to visualize designer perspectives
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles with ability to apply to buildings or building systems
- Awareness of fabrication, manufacturing, and construction methods, limitations, and opportunities.
- Leadership capability with strong project management and coordination skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of design software, including at least one of the following: Revit, SolidWorks.
- Experience using any of the following software considered an asset: Catia, Creo, Siemens NX Cad, Navisworks, Dynamo, Fusion360, Inventor, Rhino 3D, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Scripting Ability (any language).
About the Company
Sheehan Nagle Hartray Architects (SNHA) is an award-winning global architectural practice, focused on performance-driven, highly complex facilities for some of the world’s largest technology clients. At SNHA, we blend applied research, strategic thinking, and technology driven design methods, while seeking innovation that will define the future of our profession and drive sustainable solutions to the most complex design problems. We are a Chicago and London based company with an expanding team of local and remote workers. We are seeking candidates to join our teams in person and remotely.