About the Job
dbHMS is seeking an innovative project manager who is a technically focused architect or engineer with a passion for building science as it pertains to better building enclosures. The candidate will work alongside a collaborative team of commissioning professionals to expand our services related to the commissioning of buildings and systems. This includes the quest for improvement within the industry and expanding the mission of sustainability among the building design, construction, and operation of buildings. Technical expertise and implemented skills include modeling tools, third-party reviews, field observations, testing practices, and enclosure consulting management skills.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+years of experience with specific knowledge and a project track record in the evaluation, investigation, commissioning, and design of building enclosure components and assemblies on new and existing structures. Experience with constructability reviews and construction management processes is a plus. A strong candidate will have a scientific mindset, understanding of building science, attention to detail, a strong determination to drill down in construction methods and material characteristics, an intense desire to get it right, and strong teamwork and communication.
This position is expected to be comfortable representing the company to external clients as well as to other industry professionals (design professionals, tradespeople, manufacturer’s representatives, etc.), which is paramount in building and maintaining industry relationships. The person in this role will be responsible for managing a small team of BECx professionals on multiple projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to communicate, manage and interact with clients, team members, and project parties to provide commissioning services.
- Effective client and project management through effective and clear communication in both written and verbal correspondence. This includes providing information on non-conformance, recommendations, direction, and other communication to building trades and construction managers.
- Multitask between several projects that are at various stages in the construction process.
- Perform field observations at various stages of construction and document deficiencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in analyzing and solving potential building design issues.
- Effectively review project details for performance, buildability, and long-term maintainability.
- Authoring project specifications and reviewing project specifications created by others.
- Develop building enclosure material to be used for reports, marketing, and white papers.
- Thorough understanding of construction documents and knowledge of the construction administration processes.
- Knowledge of building enclosure field testing protocols, logistics, and technical aspects.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of documents to verify technical content is accurate, clear, and concise.
- Provide mentorship to junior staff.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or Engineering.
- Strong technical writing ability and concise communication skills.
- Project Management Experience.
- Technologically savvy (use of computers, tablets, understanding of cloud-based systems).
- Ability to travel to out-of-state projects on regular basis (assumed up to 4-5 days a month but will vary based on project needs).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Involvement in building enclosure and building sciences professional organizations.
- Fundamental knowledge of building MEP systems and how these systems integrate with building enclosures, and the ability of comprehensive building evaluation.
- Knowledge of THERM, WUFI, and other types of computer analyses.
- Proficient with Bluebeam, and Sketchup.
About the Company
Do more than just build! At dbHMS, we are a collection of doers and thinkers. We combine our passion for engineering with our client’s vision to realize successful construction projects in our community and worldwide. Together with our clients, we are dedicated to leaving a legacy of stewardship and innovation through our impact on the built environment. Our staff of talented individuals and unique characters is united in their dedication to delivering high-performance, efficient, and sustainable buildings worldwide.
Our dynamic work environment provides the perfect opportunity to advance your career while developing and fine-tuning your skills along with offering a supportive office culture, diverse workforce, flexible work schedules, and regular social events. At dbHMS, you will find everything you need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.