About the Job
Looking for a change of scenery? CCY Architects is seeking a talented and passionate interior design professional to join our collaborative culture in the Rocky Mountains! We are a creative, nimble, 40-plus-person firm, based in Basalt, Colorado (20 minute drive from Aspen).
The ideal interiors candidate will work collaboratively with the CCY architectural and interior project teams, and assist with the overall effort in meeting deliverable milestones, including supporting design, development, and documentation for all phases of projects, and project types.
- Support the development of project design and documentation
- Assist with developing finish material palettes and presentation materials
- Assist with FF&E specifications and materials
- Assist in maintaining the materials library
- Conduct material and product research for projects
- Work in close collaboration with the Interiors Studio Director, Project Managers, and the overall project team
Compensation + Benefits:
CCY Architects offers multiple benefits and compensation to our full-time employees. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance: Paid 100% of premium.
- Vision and Dental Paid at 65% of premium.
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness/Athletic Reimbursement
A professional degree in architecture and/or interior design from an accredited college or university as well as five or more years of experience working in the profession are required. Candidates shall possess strong technical, creative, and interpersonal skills. Be able to provide knowledgeable design input on a range of project elements, further design quality, and interact effectively with the project team. Must demonstrate an understanding of the industry, and have sound judgement of what constitutes exemplary architecture/interior design and appropriate level of documentation. Strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills required. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Revit, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years of applied professional work experience at an architecture or interior design firm
- CIDA-accredited degree in Interior Design and/or professional degree in Architecture from a NAAB accredited program
- An understanding of how to assemble a full set of construction documents
- Detailing experience
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
- Knowledge of FF&E, architectural/interior finishes
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills required
- Approach work with creative curiosity and ability to work in a team environment
For consideration, email your cover letter, resume and examples of work (as a single PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: Interiors
About the Company
Based in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, CCY Architects has established itself as a leader through its innovative architecture, interior design, and community planning projects, throughout the American West and beyond. We have built a diverse portfolio of high-performance designs ranging from new communities and experiential hospitality to custom residences. Our commitment to building performance is derived from our own intrinsic values, as well as a forward-thinking approach to our firm’s future.
Design is our passion – we live and breathe it. We specialize in creating inspired, original design solutions that connect people to place, nature, and each other in meaningful, memorable ways. Our attention to design and detail has consistently resulted in award-winning buildings which are welcomed by their respective communities. Our monograph Connection is currently on sale nationally, and their work also appears in Rocky Mountain Modern and Architzer – The World’s Best Architecture, all published by Monacelli Press.
CCY is a nimble, 40-plus person firm, priding itself on a collaborative team design approach and a culture of health and wellbeing. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the great outdoors in which we live. Because we are passionate designers who work together, we rely on our team members to be agile and flexible, humble but driven, with a client focused mindset.