About the Job
Architects will be required to:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform building assessments.
- Conduct façade inspections performed from pipe scaffolding, suspended scaffolding, and rented man lifts.
- Develop scope of work for repairs/restoration and prepare project specifications and final reports.
- Review drawings prepared by others.
- Report directly to the firm founder and principal.
Architect candidates should have an understanding of architectural history, technical knowledge of construction materials and the following skills and abilities:
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans, specifications, and construction documents.
- Ability to adapt to changing project task schedules, and to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to measure, field sketch and photograph existing conditions of buildings.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and building codes.
- Knowledge of exterior façade repair and restoration work a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other design software. Candidate should be able to produce a coherent set of drawings with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (4+ hours), ability to crouch, bend, kneel, climb ladders and/or pipe scaffolding.
- Technically creative and open-minded.
BTL Architects, Inc.
About the Company
BTL Architects, Inc. is a Chicago-based architectural consulting firm that is focused on extending the useful lives, and improving the performance of, buildings throughout Illinois - bringing them back to life. At BTL Architects we are passionate about designing for beauty, durability, and long-term performance. We offer a full range of architectural services - and specialize in the evaluation, renovation, and repair of primarily building enclosures of existing buildings.