About the Job
BKV Group seeks a talented Project Architect to join our Civic & Justice Practice, focusing on Fire Station and/or Police Station projects. Our ideal candidate has well-rounded architectural experience in all aspects of design and documentation with 5 to 8+ years’ experience in Fire or Police projects. We are looking for someone who is passionate about great public design and enjoys preparing project documentation. BKV Group offers an award-winning portfolio of Civic & Justice projects including Fire, Police, Village Halls, Courthouses, and Jails. Our Public Safety Practice Leader and Justice Practice Leader have national credentials and are frequent contributing authors to industry publications.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Senior Project Architects to develop breakthrough ideas and creative solutions focused project design.
- Work alongside senior design and technical staff to translate direction from project design and management leads into conceptual, schematic and design development packages, and to produce construction documents.
- Coordinates with engineering team members to assist the PM or SPA with the integration of engineering systems into a unified design for client review and approval.
- Support the construction administration team in monitoring compliance with the project plans.
- Professional degree (M.Arch or B.Arch) from an accredited design program.
- Licensed and registered Architect preferred.
- 10-15+ years’ related experience. 5 to 8+ years’ experience in Fire and/or Police Stations.
- Must be proficient in Revit and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certification or experience in sustainable building design a plus.
About the Company
BKV Group is a holistic design firm providing a full complement of architecture, interior design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services. Our core belief is that regardless of project type, design has a profound impact on the community, and our responsibility as a multidisciplinary firm is to enhance the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context of the communities we shape and design. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with 200+ employees sharing knowledge across practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Washington, DC, creating relevant and meaningful design solutions that allow our clients’ dreams to become a reality.