75,000 - 90,000
About the Job
75,000 - 90,000
Our Project Architect position plays a primary role in all phases of planning, design, and construction observation. Role responsibilities will include both large and small projects, and encompass renovation and new construction. The position will best be filled by a candidate who possesses a genuine interest in a variety of project types and an appreciation of the technical aspects of design. The highest levels of responsiveness and communication are expected both within the studio and throughout our project partnerships. All members of our team take pride in the work that we produce, both individually and collectively, with a dedication to supporting success at every level.
- Degree in Architecture; education or training in historic preservation is a plus
- Architecture License not required, but path to licensure is preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in an architectural firm environment
- Relevant experience will include roles on projects in the hospitality, education and municipal sectors. Some experience with renovation and preservation is essential. Work with public agencies is helpful.
- Ability to develop comprehensive construction documents with some independence.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, prioritizing demands, clearly delegating tasks, and team-wide communication.
- Skills in both AutoCAD and Revit are required; as well as Adobe Creative Suite, BlueBeam, and Microsoft Office programs.
About the Company
Our Chicago-based firm is nationally recognized for work in historic preservation and adaptive reuse of existing architecture. Though our diverse portfolio of nearly 35-years also includes new construction in the commercial, municipal, and hospitality sectors, with some international commissions. The firm focuses on collaborative relationships with clients and partners to achieve project goals efficiently and effectively. Even our smallest projects are often complex, producing work that is both challenging and rewarding.
Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)