Chicago, IL 60654,
About the Job
Chicago, IL 60654,
In this position you will be asked to:
- Work individually or as part of a collaborative design team from initial concepts thru completion of construction.
- Meet with clients and stakeholder to identify and document project requirements.
- Develop creative architectural solution to meet client's needs.
- Prepare presentation graphic and 3d visualization to communicate architectural solutions.
- Prepare construction documents and technical specifications.
- Coordinate design with consulting engineers.
- Prepare Schedule and Cost Estimates
- Solicit and analyze contractor's proposals.
- Review shop drawings and contractor's submittals
- Perform construction phase services and site observation.
- Coordinate with contractors to complete project closeout.
- Develop client contacts and project commissions.
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional degree from an NCARB accredited school of architecture, master's degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years US experience showing progressive responsibility in the design of substantial commercial projects.
- A portfolio that demonstrates both design talent and technical understanding of commercial construction.
- AutoCAD, Revit, 3d visualization and MS office computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client contact and leadership skills.
- Professional deportment.
About the Company
Amstadter Architects is an award-winning design firm located in Chicago, Illinois. We are professional, agile, collaborative and client centric. Since opening the practice in 1986 we have developed a regional practice in commercial and institutional projects with a primary focus on education, retail, recreation and light industrial architecture. We offer a relaxed work environment in our river north loft offices with flexible hours. We encourage professional growth, creativity and community involvement.